Blizzard Challenge 2023
Read these first
- First, please read the Call for Participation in the Blizzard Challenge 2023 in PDF format.
- Then, read and agree to the Blizzard Challenge 2023 Rules before participating
- You should only register for the challenge if you actually intend to submit an entry to the challenge and to comply with all the rules.
The organising committee this year is led by Olivier Perrotin from GIPSA-lab at University Grenoble Alpes, with assistance from Gérard Bailly at GIPSA-lab and Simon King from The University of Edinburgh.
Register by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org (note: this is a new address and differs from previous years). We need to know your:
- preferred team name - the organisers may adjust this so that all teams have meaningful, unique names
- affiliation - the name of your University and lab, or your Company
- the name of the main contact person - this must be exactly one person who is responsible for all communication with the organiser
- contact details:
- main contact person's email address - should be an institutional email address
- backup email address(es)
- postal address
- phone number
Training data with its full description is available here: https://zenodo.org/record/7560290#.Y85YpC_pMzw
- Last update: 23/01/2023
- Version v2: addition of EC_LFDP_NEB_02_0025 and EC_LFDP_NEB_06_0002 entries in NEB_train.csv)
For a one-shot download, you can do in a terminal:
pip3 install zenodo_get zenodo_get 10.5281/zenodo.7560290 -o ~/mylocalrepository -e
- The -e option prevents the download to stop if there is an error in one file. If this happens, re-launch the command (only the not downloaded files will be downloaded). Full doc here.
Test data will be released on March 27th to registered participants.
- Available via : http://www.cstr.ed.ac.uk/projects/blizzard/, which include submitted synthetic speech and listener scores for some previous Blizzard Challenges, which may be helpful during development
- A questionnaire is included with the test materials. Please complete and include it within your submission.
Hub task 2023-FH1: https://cloud.univ-grenoble-alpes.fr/s/56fxarXHe3G9RrG
Spoke task 2023-FS1: https://cloud.univ-grenoble-alpes.fr/s/ogAdpngxGxNJKAn
There is a Google Group for discussion and announcements for the challenge:
Participants must join this group in order to receive information about the Challenge. You need to log in to a Google account, then request to join. If you do not have a Google account, you will need to create one.
Jan 13 2023 - challenge announcement and registration open Jan 13 2023 - database released Mar 05 2023 - team registration closes Mar 27 2023 - test sentences released to participants Apr 03 2023 - deadline for participants to submit synthetic speech (23:59 AoE) Apr 07 2023 - last date for payment of the entry fee Apr 17 2023 - evaluation systems go live Jun 12 2023
Jun 04 2023- end of the evaluation period Jun 22 2023 Jun 16 2023- release of results Jul 10 2023 Jul 03 2023- deadline to submit workshop papers (23:59 AoE) Jul 28 2023 - notification of acceptance Aug 20-24 2023 - INTERSPEECH 2023, Dublin, Ireland Aug 26-28 2023 - SSW12, Grenoble, France Aug 29 2023 - Blizzard Challenge 2023 Workshop, same location as SSW
Information on the workshop can be found here: Blizzard Challenge 2023 Workshop
Please contact email@example.com if you have any questions.
- Blizzard Challenge 2021
- Blizzard Challenge 2020
- Blizzard Challenge 2019
- Blizzard Challenge 2018
- Blizzard Challenge 2017
- Blizzard Challenge 2016
- Blizzard Challenge 2015
- Blizzard Challenge 2014
- Blizzard Challenge 2013
- Blizzard Challenge 2012
- Blizzard Challenge 2011
- Blizzard Challenge 2010
- Blizzard Challenge 2009
- Blizzard Challenge 2008
- Blizzard Challenge 2007
- Blizzard Challenge 2006 papers and results: http://www.festvox.org/blizzard/blizzard2006.html
- Blizzard Challenge 2005 papers and results: http://www.festvox.org/blizzard/blizzard2005.html