Blizzard Challenge 2013
This Blizzard Challenge has finished
- Please do not try to register for this challenge - you are too late!
- However, the data are still available. Do not email us, but simply go to https://synsig.org/index.php/Blizzard_Challenge#Tools_and_data
- The remainder of this page is left as a record of the Challenge
Read these first
- First, please read the Call for Participation in the Blizzard Challenge 2013 in PDF format
- Then read and agree to the Blizzard Challenge 2013 Rules before participating
- You should only register for the challenge if you actually plan to submit an entry to the challenge
Registration and license agreement
- Register by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org. We need to know your team name, the name of the main contact person, your affiliation, and contact details including email address, postal address and phone number. Please state which datasets you want to download and which tasks you are planning to submit entries to (this is non-binding, but is helpful for our planning).
- Complete the license for English data, which can be accessed via http://www.cstr.ed.ac.uk/projects/blizzard/
- For English, you will be sent a username and password to download the data. Download links can be found via http://www.cstr.ed.ac.uk/projects/blizzard/
- For Indian data please use the following four corpora from the IIIT-H INDIC corpus. Note that the official release for this challenge is only the speech data (wav/ directory) and the corresponding text in UTF-8 format (etc/txt.done.data.utf8). Any other information that may be included in the distributions, such as segment labels, phone set and Roman transliteration available from the sample Festvox voice builds is not officially provided or endorsed as a part of this challenge, although may be used by participants if they wish.
- Development tools, available via : http://www.cstr.ed.ac.uk/projects/blizzard/, include:
- Submitted synthetic speech and listener scores for some previous Blizzard Challenges, which may be helpful during development
- Download the questionnaire, complete it, and return it by the deadline given in the Timeline. http://data.cstr.ed.ac.uk/blizzard2013/system_questionnaire.txt
There is a mailing list for discussion and announcements for the challenge:
Participants must join the list by sending a message to email@example.com with the following line in the body of the message
Once you are a member you will be able to mail messages to firstname.lastname@example.org
The timeline shown on this web page is the offical one and supercedes those shown in announcements - it is subject to change, but we will try to follow it as closely as possible. Note that we will not consider any requests from participants to change the synthetic speech submission date or the paper submission date!
Jan 15 2013 - databases released Mar 25 2013 - IH test sentences released to participants Mar 31 2013 - participants submit synthetic speech for IH tasks Apr 1 2013 - EH test sentences released to participants Apr 10 2013 - participants submit synthetic speech for EH tasks Apr 2013 - evaluation systems go live Jun 30 2013 - end of evaluation period Aug 9 2013 - deadline to submit workshop papers Aug 15 2013 - notification of acceptance Aug 25-29 2013 Interspeech 2013, Lyon, France Aug 31 - Sep 2 2013 SSW8, Barcelona, Spain Sep 3 2013 Blizzard Challenge 2013 Workshop, Barcelona, Spain
Information on the workshop can be found here: Blizzard Challenge 2013 Workshop
- Please contact email@example.com if you have any questions
- Blizzard Challenge 2012
- Blizzard Challenge 2011
- Blizzard Challenge 2010
- Blizzard Challenge 2009
- Blizzard Challenge 2008
- Blizzard Challenge 2007
- Blizzard Challenge 2006 papers and results: http://www.festvox.org/blizzard/blizzard2006.html
- Blizzard Challenge 2005 papers and results: http://www.festvox.org/blizzard/blizzard2005.html