Blizzard Challenge 2010
This Blizzard Challenge has finished
- Please do not try to register for this challenge - you are too late!
- The data are no longer available
- The remainder of this page is left as a record of the Challenge
Read these first
- Download the Call for Participation for the Blizzard Challenge 2010 in PDF format.
- Read and agree to the Blizzard Challenge 2010 Rules before participating.
Data download and license agreements
- Register: by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org
- License: complete the license agreements for the data, which can all be accessed via http://www.cstr.ed.ac.uk/projects/blizzard/
- Download: You will be sent a username and password to download the data. These are the same for all downloads, and will be activated for each download after you have returned the corresponding license agreement. Download links can be found on the above page.
- Development tools, available via : http://www.cstr.ed.ac.uk/projects/blizzard/, include:
- Submitted synthetic speech and listener scores for some previous Blizzard Challenges, which may be helpful during development
- Benchmark voices for the 2010 databases are under preparation using Festival and HTS; development sentences (the Blizzard 2009 test set) will be synthesised with these systems and made available
- Download the questionnaire, complete it, and return it by the deadline given in the Timeline. http://data.cstr.ed.ac.uk/blizzard2010/system_questionnaire.txt
There is a mailing list for discussion and announcements for the challenge:
Participants must join the list by sending a message to email@example.com with the following line in the body of the message
Once you a member you will be able to mail messages to firstname.lastname@example.org
The timeline shown on this web page is the offical one and supercedes those shown in announcements - it is subject to change, but we will try to follow it as closely as possible. Note that we will not consider any requests from participants to change the synthetic speech submission date or the paper submission date!
Feb 1 2010 Databases released Mar 29 2010 Test sentences released Apr 9 2010 Deadline for submitting synthesized speech Apr 19 2010 Evaluation system goes live Jun 25 2010 End of Evaluation for English Jul 5 2010 End of Evaluation for Mandarin Jul 8 2010 Deadline for returning the participant questionnaire Jul 9 2010 Results distributed to teams Jul 30 2010 Satellite workshop papers due Aug 13 2010 Notification of acceptance Sep 22-24 2010 SSW7, Kyoto, Japan Sep 25 2010 Presentation of results at the satellite workshop in Kyoto, Japan Sep 26-30 2010 Interspeech 2010, Japan
Information on the workshop is now on a separate page: Blizzard Challenge 2010 Workshop
- Please contact email@example.com if you have any questions